Monday, August 16, 2010

How to setup a wireless connection in your home?

I have a cable modem for my internet that is connected to my computer only. Tomorrow I'm going to buy a PS3 and I am going to connect it to internet. The problem is, my TV is on the living room and my computer is in my bedroom. And I don't think the cable is far enough to connect to PS3. So I was just thinking of getting a wireless connection instead.


How do I do that?


And is wireless connection slower than cable?How to setup a wireless connection in your home?
Buy a Wireless Router. 54-G or N technology. Linksys or D-Link are just fine.





In your house, unplug network cable from back of your PC, and plug to WAN port on your new Router.


Now Your Cable Modem is connected to Router.


Plug the extra cable that came with Router to Port 1 on Router and run it to your PC, where modem was connecting before.





Now is just a matter of setting your PS3 to recognize your wireless.


Good gaming!





PS: You might want to enable security on your Wireless, so neighbors don't piggy back!How to setup a wireless connection in your home?
Wireless has nothing to do with the speed fo your cable connection so dont worry about that (technically speaking wireless would be faster anyway than most cable lines)





buy a wireless router, plug into your cable modem. Use the cd that comes with it to setup the wireless network (give it a name, and a wireless security key) then configure your ps3 to use those wireless settings and your done!
I would definitely get wirless, you first of all need a wireless router, I suggest getting one from BT or who ever you are currently using for your line rental. Once you have got your router and set it up using the instructions it came with, you need to use the wep key and ssid (which will most likely be on the back of the hub) write it down. Then on your PS3 go to settings%26gt;network%26gt;Internet Connection. Select wireless, then scan. You will then see a list of hubs near you, your ssid is the name of your hub and should be displayed. Select it then type in your wep key (this is the password). You should now be done! Your PS3 will run connection tests, refer to your PS3 and/or router manuals if you experience any other problems.





Wireless can be faster but it depends on how near your PS3 is to the hub to how much signal you get.
You need to purchase a wireless router.


Dlink, linksys something along them lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment