Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do I get the wired connection from my linksys router to my computer to work?

I have a Linksys WRT54G that I have directly connected to my Dell running XP SP2. The problem is that I dont know how to set up the connection so that it works off that wired connection. I have tried going through the connect to menu but it doesn't seem to work. Any suggestions?How do I get the wired connection from my linksys router to my computer to work?
You don't say if you have tried a wireless connection - but I assume you have no connectivity.





- In the interface- protocols - tcpip configuration, make sure your PC is configured for Dynamic IP addressing - not a fixed IP address





If you are seeing an interface status of connected-local (or similar) the router is not seeing the ISP network.


- Log into the router and configure it to clone the mac address of your PC - that should overcome any issues with your ISP. If you don't have access to the router config - then you will need to contact your ISP to correct the problem.How do I get the wired connection from my linksys router to my computer to work?
with a wired connection if you plug it in and it should work. the exceptions:





something is broken


you use dsl or an ISP that requires some type of logon authentication





maybe if you post back with more specifics on your setup someone can help

No comments:

Post a Comment