Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How can I share an internet connection between a Windows XP laptop and Vista desktop via ethernet cable?

I've done this before but cannot seem to figure out how to again. The laptop is connected via wireless internet connection which lies in another room of the house; I need to share the connection from the laptop with the desktop which lacks a wireless adapter. I have plans to purchase go about an easier route but for now I want a quick fix. Thanks!How can I share an internet connection between a Windows XP laptop and Vista desktop via ethernet cable?
Aha, I am the expert. Now, go to your xp laptop which has wireless internet connection.


1. right click My Network Places-%26gt;properties


2. find you wireless connection and right click it and go to properties


3. find Advanced tab and Internet Connection Sharing


4. Tick the first check box and select your ethernet cable connection.


OK, Done. If it does not work, you can write to me support(at)virtual-ap.com

No comments:

Post a Comment