Saturday, August 21, 2010

How much wireless connection is there for free?

I am seriously thinking of getting a live in vehicle, so there would be no chance of getting my own connection or router. If I were to get a laptop with a network card then, in an urban area (UK) How much connection would I be able to pick up? What percentage of people leave their networks unprotected? What sort of range do networks have?





I have no interest in malicious hacking, I'd find a better place to ask this question if I were!





Cheers.How much wireless connection is there for free?
You have two choices. First you can connect with a cellular service. You will need a usb celluar device. You will always be able to connect if you can receive the cellular signal. Or you can get a wireless card and search for ';hotspots'; in you area to connect for free.





You can find a list of hotspots in you area at the following page.





http://www.wi-fihotspotlist.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment