Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do I make my wireless adapter have a better connection?

I have a linksys WRT54GSV4 router and a Netgear WG111 wireless adapter.


The router is about 1.5 cars lengths away from my adapter, through 2 or 3 walls. It seems so close but my connection % on the netgear smartwizard is 60% while peoples connections from houses across the street are like 80 and 90 with me.


My entire family is retarded when it comes to computers and networks, so I need help here. What could I possibly do to help my connection?How do I make my wireless adapter have a better connection?
Nothing much but the fact that there could be something in the walls. There are higher gain antenna's available for the model.





To make sure I did everything possible. I would probably do the whole initial setup of the router over again. Probably find a more updated version of your wireless adapter's driver. (netgear support website)





If you want to move the router, put it in higher places that way only walls are really in the way of the signals.





However, buying into a better router and adapter could save you a lot more time.How do I make my wireless adapter have a better connection?
Move the WRT to a different place or change channels on the box.


What is causing problem is the walls (lead paint? how thick? etc) it is BEST to have a clear sight /path to the box.


You can change the antenna, boost the signal etc.
if your antenna raises higher then raise it up
  • ie
  • dry hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment