Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do I restore my Internet connection after getting rid of a worm?

So i had 2 worms on my computer that locked me out of certain websites and cut off my connection to Internet Explorer and crashes Firefox when i try and use it, is there anyone that knows how i manage to get my connection back?How do I restore my Internet connection after getting rid of a worm?
Try running scans with the following programs. They are all free and can be downloaded from download.com





1) Malwarebytes Anti-Malware


2) Spyware Doctor Starter Edition


3) Avira AntiVir Personal





They will remove any traces left of the virus. As for fixing your network connection, download and install Comodo Firewall. Part of the installation procedure checks the network configuration, and makes repairs automatically.How do I restore my Internet connection after getting rid of a worm?
You've been hijacked.





http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free…





This will clean everything.
WinSock XP Fix ; for XP


offers a last resort if your Internet connectivity has been corrupted due to invalid or removed registry entries. It can often cure the problem of lost connections after the removal of Adware components or improper uninstall of firewall applications or other tools that modify the XP network and Winsock settings...etc.


Freeware.


Doesn't always work (50/50), but it's free so worth a shot. Good luck.


http://www.snapfiles.com/Freeware/networ…

No comments:

Post a Comment