Monday, August 16, 2010

How do I make a connection with a social worker in Zambia?

I am graduating with my BSW in May, and coincidentally have an opportunity to spend some time in Zambia in July or August (meeting the family of my sister's boyfriend). I would love to make a connection to a social worker over there before I go, and meet them or be involved in some project while I'm there. I'm finding that there are listings for telephone numbers, but no web addresses or mailing addresses.





Does anyone have any suggestions or connections to share?How do I make a connection with a social worker in Zambia?
International NGOs usually have Internet contact information for their onsite staff, and these staff members might be able to connect you with government staff/social workers. I suggest:





CARE International UK : Zambia


www.careinternational.org.uk/Zambia/14鈥?br>




UNICEF


http://www.unicef.org/infobycountry/zamb鈥?/a>





OxFam


http://www.oxfam.org.uk/oxfam_in_action/鈥?/a>





These INGOs are swamped with emails, so be sure yours is professional in tone, provides complete details about yourself, and is as to-the-point as possible. You may have to write many people before you get an answer.How do I make a connection with a social worker in Zambia?
Email Mathias Zimba through his website...he may be able to steer you in the right direction.








www.risingfountains.org

No comments:

Post a Comment