Saturday, August 21, 2010

How can I make the electrical connection to the lamps that come into the mirror I've bought?

I've bought a mirror to the toilet with lamps built into the mirror. Beside the mirror I have the shaver socket. I'm not sure how to make the electrical connection to the lamps.How can I make the electrical connection to the lamps that come into the mirror I've bought?
you need a cord switch or a switch out side


the barthroom so it cant be used with wet hands


or be afected by condesationHow can I make the electrical connection to the lamps that come into the mirror I've bought?
Unless you have an electrical shaver point in the location where you want your mirror, you're in for a rough time! If it covers the shaver point you can take it off and fit a fused spur.





If you aren't confident, you'll need an electrician because extensive additions to your house wiring are now regulated. Electricity can kill you, specially if you run it into a bathroom or near a sink.





If you aren't sure, I'd leave well alone.
Dont listen to any advice apart from get a qualified electritian or a part p registerd electrician to look at it .. especially with it being a bathroom and you obvyesly dont no the required mesurements for fitting electrical items near bathroom appliances, will only be a simply quick cheap job really .. unlesss u want it doing neatly which you will have to chisel into the wall then replaster an redecorate, will only be a simple spur off the shaver.


take care...
Oh dear, my advice would be to run and extension lead from the back of the mirror to a plug and socket. If you want to permanently connect the power up you will need to get a qualified electrician to do the work for you.


Ja.
I agree with all of the above that recommend an electrician. You need to know what you are doing and the risks of a damp environment.





If this isn't an option, stop in at a home depot or Lowe's and refer to their electrical wiring books. This unit probably needs to be hard wired and needs a switch. It's not hard for an experienced person, and shouldn't be expensive ($50-$80), but is fraught with danger for a novice.
you can`t if you have to ask how to do it you are not qualified to do it


get an electrician to helkp you

No comments:

Post a Comment