Saturday, August 21, 2010

How can I unblock a connection that a program is trying to make?

I'm trying to use this instant messenger program, but I think my computer blocked it for security. How do I get to that list of blocked programs to unblock the connection my program is trying to make?How can I unblock a connection that a program is trying to make?
This will depend on your firewall.


If it's Windows Firewall, click these starting with Start Menu.





Start menu %26gt; All Programs %26gt;%26gt; Accessories %26gt;%26gt;%26gt; System Tools %26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt; Security Centre





From here, you click Firewall and exceptions.





Hope I've helped.How can I unblock a connection that a program is trying to make?
I only know the method for the standard Windows Firewall, but here it is:





Open up Control Panel


Then open Windows Firewall %26gt; Exceptions %26gt; Add Program


Select your program from the list and press OK.





Hope this helps!!!
I think you may be behind some firewall. Please check your firewall settings. Also check the antivirus settings(if it includes an online protection feature).If you are behind a firewall change the settings to add the prgram to use internet acess.

No comments:

Post a Comment