Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How fast a connection do you need to play World of Warcraft or other games?

Yeah, thats pretty much it. Do you need broadband, or can you just use dial-up connection with less than 52 kbps?How fast a connection do you need to play World of Warcraft or other games?
I tried playing WoW with a dial-up connection when I first got it, and I would highly recommend you don't do it. My dial-up connection was 112 kbps (twice as fast as the normal 56 kbps connections), and my latency rate (the average length of time it takes to transfer data between your computer and the server you are playing on) was between 2 and 5 seconds. This is a long time when you are in combat. Battles can be won or lost in that amount of time. When I went into a large city where there were a lot of player characters, my latency could be as much as 25 seconds!





I am now playing with a high-speed broadband cell connection (average of 300 to 800 kbps depending on how many people are using their cell phones in my aarea), and my latency has been typically about 0.2 to 0.3 second, which is manageable. (City latency is usually about 1 to 2 seconds.) I wouldn't recommend going any slower than that. I have played on a cable connection before and have had speeds of around 0.05 second, which was wonderful. - LJSHow fast a connection do you need to play World of Warcraft or other games?
you need a broad band connection...
Yes as the person above said, you need atleast Braodabnd connection to be hounest, as without it well, nolthing will happen especialy patching i mean to download the first patch is atleast 3gb if not alot more, and imagine how long that would take to download. Yeh That is why Broadband is invented.





If you do need braodand i think virgin provide it for as littel as 拢5 a month, so thats a worth at.
Slow broadband will work though.





I played it on my 700 DSL connection





Plays like butter with my 1.5 through cox (which isn't considered fast)
You Can but it will take all year to get one patch done also you probably couldnt go into stormwind city or ironforge which are big cites with banks and auction houses so i would say no. I got dsl from Embarq and i got 5.0mbs and it runs smooth as ever ive never had any lag and a new patch takes about 15 min to download i pay about 80$ a month but i also pay for all phone features and embarq unlimited music!!

No comments:

Post a Comment