Saturday, August 21, 2010

How do I block the Internet Connection to other computers?

I have at%26amp;t and i want to block the internet from other computer in my house from using since they don't pay. I've tried blocking them from the router settings but that doesn't work since it also blocks my connection.How do I block the Internet Connection to other computers?
You could try MAC filtering, just allowing your machine through and blocking others.


However, to filter specific access for specific users, you may need something more powerful that a home box-store router.


If this is wireless, then the above posters are correct, turn on WPA security on the wireless and put in a good password. That, along with MAC filtering, will keep most people out.How do I block the Internet Connection to other computers?
Password protect your wireless network? Read the manual of the router.
You would need to set encryption for any wireless. Then make sure they can not get physical access to the router to plug in. Or buy a router with parental controls and set it to only allow your own machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment